Thursday, February 21, 2008

From unchain.biz to forestdharma.net

Before I use this domain name "forestdharma.net", this Buddhist "notebook" blog originally had the domain name "unchain.biz". I really like the word "unchain" because it is associated with the word "unbinding", which is associated with breaking the chain of samsara - ing (at least in my personal opinion). However, I guess I did not like the ".biz" so much because (1) the ".biz" is for business domain; and (2) ".biz" just sounds funny, a bit strange for a Buddhist blog.

Initially, I refrained from using anything to do with forest+dharma, or forest+dhamma because I am only a lay person who practice Buddhism according to the Thai forest tradition, and nothing more. I am not an ordained bhikkhu (although I have ordained twice when I was in my 20s at Wat Doi Dhamma Chedi in Sakon Nakorn in Isan, Thailand) .... Then I thought...why not? why shouldn't I use this domain name? ...nobody is using it, and also at blogger forestdharma.blogspot.com is still available, so I decided to make the switch this morning!

No comments: