Saturday, March 1, 2008

Feeling better already !@#

Well, this look at the anicca (impermanent) aspect of samsara. A few hours ago I was feeling guilty of naming this blog forest dharma / forest dhamma (which should tell visitors that it is a blog about the Thai Forest Tradition of Theravada Buddhism) because I am only a lay practitioner.

Now I feel much better! Reason? I simply delete all the advertisement links provided by Google (adsense), though I maintain them on my non-Buddhist blogs. There is only one aspect that I would benefit, apart from doing some good things IMO by providing some useful resources (links to websites on Buddhism) and provide some pieces of teachings that I think useful and do not violate copyright, (hopefully not, anyway), the book recommendation part does give me something like 5-7% (never get any anyway, but they are great books).

Now I can go on with my daily life with [probably] less guilt than before. I do sincerely hope that this blog, in one way or another, do help people getting nearing to realize the four Noble Truths (including myself, of course :-)) !

Just one final point. For anyone who has strong feelings against Buddhism or the Thai Forest Tradition, please keep an open mind. Buddhist teachers in the Thai Forest Tradition speak from their hearts, from their own experiences. That's all.

No comments: