Monday, March 24, 2008

Random thoughts...experiences in meditation and traditions

I have been thinking about meditation, experiences in meditation, and the teachers/traditions in which one study/practice in. What would happen if someone has deep insights and report to the teachers who may not have experienced the particular insights? What if the tradition also dismiss any kinds of experiences if they are not in accordance to the tradition? What if the teachers are not experienced enough to guide that particular practitioner?

[I am not talking about myself though. The forest tradition as taught by Ajahn Mun and his students, to me, is the tradition that I know I will be with until the day this body disintegrates, if not after...Simple, yet profound, is my opinion of the Thai forest tradition.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Dhamma greetings.
Great blog here.

While browsing I came across a video "Ajahn Chan by Ajahn Jayasaro" that has left-right navigation buttons embedded. And the videos are sequentially arranged in the film strip. Can you share how these are done?

mahametta,
~Silananda
silananda@gmail.com

VB said...

Hello Silananda,

I didn't do anything with the video. It's all done by either youtube or dhammatube. Anyway...

if you click on the menu button, there are 2 links (embed and url). If you'd like to put it in a blog, copy embed codes into the blog, but if you just want the url that link to youtube page, you can copy and paste url(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7mtlbVBOA) into the web address.

Best,

VB